Monday, November 19, 2007

Blog block?

I've been enjoying this writing exercise immensely and have no plans to stop. However, life must take precedent over blogging right now. My son is home from boarding school, my daughter is coming in from college and it seems I have an obligation to cook a twenty pound turkey for four people. That's five pounds of meat per face fed, but the males in the family insist that anything smaller is downright scrawny. Besides, everyone looks forward to turkey soup the next day. (First, I must dig up a pan big enough to house a turkey carcass that proves, once and for all, that birds really do descend from dinosaurs). Besides the Turkosaurus, I will also be making cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing and lots of other edible accoutrements, all from scratch. There's no such thing as pot luck when you move to a new place and your closest friend is the smiley Mexican lady at the dry cleaner's.

In addition to all this family fun, I have been busy freelancing for my former employer and am looking forward to a two week stint on site in Washington DC. So it's not that I'm out of ideas as much as simply out of time. Anyway, check in around the second week of December and I should be back in full form, pithy as ever. In the meantime, enjoy your Thanksgiving.
Lotsalove to all, Yours Truly.